Oregano oil health benefits can be attributed to the two main constituents, carvacrol and thymol found in the optimum proportions in essential oil of oregano. Oregano oil health benefits of Oregano Essential Oil lists its benefits in a vast array ranging from, anti allergenic, digestive, anti viral, anti fungal, anti parasitic, anti bacterial, anti inflammatory, anti oxidant, to emenagogue.
The oregano oil health benefits are also magnified with medicinal use, aromatherapy and therapeutic use of oregano oil. Essential oil of oregano is known to have high levels of free radical fighting antioxidants, that protect the body from damage to our body’s DNA that would ultimately affect our immune system and overall lifespan.Try Oregano Soap
Oregano oil has a laundry list of actions that herald oil of oregano as one of the most used essential oils by the Eastern and Western hemispheres. These actions are listed as oregano oil health benefits:
Analgesic, antheminthic, antirheumatic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antioxic, antiviral, bactericidal, carminative, choleretic, cytopylactic, diaphoretic, diuretic, expectorant, febrifuge, fungicidal, parasiticide, rubefacient, stimulant, tonic, and even more health benefits of oregano oil,
- • AntiAllergenic: A sedating property of Essential
Oregano Oil. Allergy causes a hyper-reaction of body because of external
stimuli (i.e. pollen, dust, food, paint, alcohol etc.). Oregano Oil
calms down this hyper-sensitivity with its sedative property.
• AntiBacterial: Oil of Oregano protects you against bacterial infections. Oregano oil health benefits includes protection against diseases caused by bacteria, such as food poisoning, infections in the urinary tract, colon, skin, cholera, typhoid, sores.
• AntiFungal: Virus, protozoa and fungi are responsible for many types of infectious and communicable diseases. Some of these fungal afflictions are fatal infections appearing internally and externally. These infections of the throat, nose and ear, can reach the brain if untreated early causing eventual death.
• Anti Inflammatory: Essential oregano oil is excellent when sedating all types of external or internal inflammation.
• AntiOxidant: One of the most beneficial Oregano oil health benefits is as an antioxidant. Oregano oil as an antioxidant repairs the damages incurred by free radicals in the body and neutralizes the free radicals or oxidants lose in the body. As the free radicals are neutralized, the aging process is slowed down. Some of the effects free radicals are; degeneration of muscle due to aging, some cancers, wrinkles, macular degeneration, nervous disorders, loss of hearing and vision.
• AntiParasitic: Most parasites, such as fleas, lice, mosquitoes, bed bugs and intestinal worms carry communicable diseases. Since these parasites use the human body as a food source, Oregano Essential Oil, used internally or externally eliminates these noxious pest.
• AntiViral: Viral infections are almost impossible to combat with pharmaceutical drugs. The viruses of the diseases chicken pox, measles, mumps and the common cold have been killed in vitro by oil of oregano.
• Digestive: Oregano Essential Oil promotes digestion by stimulating secretion of more digestive juices.
• Emenagogue: Oregano oil also support the regularizing of menstruations and relieving obstructed menses.
• Other Oregano oil health benefits : oregano has been found to help heal the flu, Athlete’s foot, Eczema, insect bites, Psoriasis, halitosis, staph infections toothache, gum disease, bladder infections, ulcerations, boils, bronchitis, burns, bursitis, canker sores, dandruff, ear infections, nail fungus, food poisoning, hepatitis, impetigo, irritable bowel syndrome, poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, psoriasis, ringworm, scabies, shingles, sinusitis, spider bits, and snake bites.
Dr. Cass Ingram’s book “The Cure is in The Cupboard, How to use oregano for better Health”, outlines extensively oregano oil health benefits.
Originally posted Sunday, May 29th, 2011, http://www.essentialoilsessentialoils.com/category/oil-of-oregano/